2013 Fall Board Meeting
2013 Lake Augusta Association Board Meeting
Saturday, August 3, 2013
Southside Township Hall
Meeting called to order at 9:00 a.m.
Seven people present: Mark Kampa, President: Roger Rauschendorfer, Treasurer. Also present were secretary Shawnmarie Fitzgerald, Scott Niemann & Ron Heroff representing Timberwoods, Greg Alberg, Kirk Krinke.
Treasure’s Report by Roger Rauschendorfer
- As of 7/26/13 there is $143.78 in the checking account and $7.309.89 in savings. Total expenses were $851.34. There is $641.40 in the CRWD Bog account and $16,230.97 in the Aquatic Invasive Species (formerly Milfoil) account.
President’s Report by Mark Kampa
- Aerator Tentative Project – A discussion about the possible aerator for either Lake Augusta and or lakes up river. It was stated that the CRWD needs to maintain their past projects. Lake Augusta’s erosion control is looked at every year. Lake Louise may be the lake which will receive an aerator. It will help push water through the chain of lakes. Aerators can be used year round. Would trying for a grant be a way to put an aerator on Lake Augusta? If we could get a grant for it, the government would require lots of testing and other reports. Maybe too much of a hassle? If an aerator is installed, property owners on Clearwater, Augusta, Marie, Louisa and Wiegand would be accessed $300,000-$600,000.
- CRWD – During the CRWD July board meeting, Lake Augusta was recognized to need a feasibility study.
Lake Augusta owners need to call the CRWD (Dennis Loewen) and voice their concern about the cost to benefit to the CRWD.
- Mark Kampa’s Position on the board – For personal reasons Mark will be leaving the area in a week and will no longer be living in the immediate area. There is a need to fill the President’s position as well as the Vice President’s position. Mark will be turning in the book of Lake Augusta Maps before he leaves.
- Newsletter – No newsletter was sent out before this meeting. Mark took full responsibility for this. A newsletter will be sent out within two weeks. We have only 58 emails for association members. Please be sure to fill out the email on the Dues/Aquatic Invasive Species Treatment Permission form.
- The Future of the Association – There are of the 126 property owners (8 of which belong to Springdale, 12 to Thistledew and 72 at Timberwoods) on Lake Augusta. We need to figure out how to generate more interest in the future of the lake by being members of the association or officers of the association. How do we do this? Timberwoods stated that most people who own property at Timberwoods own that type of property so they don’t have to worry about it or have to care for the lawn; they just want access to the lake to play and use the lake.
Who would want to step in to the position of President or Vice President? Also, do we need someone to attend the twice monthly, the 2nd Wednesday and the 4th Wednesday meetings at the CRWD so we know what is going on with them. Since Mark will no longer be a board member at the CRWD, we will be losing a voice which supports Lake Augusta.
Motion made to adjourn the meeting was made, seconded, vote to approve, majority of members ayes, zero nays, passed and approved.
Meeting adjourned at 10:10 a.m. on August 3, 2013
Local News NOV 21st
Hunters register 161,057 deer through third weekend of season
Harvest climbs 16 percent from 2016 Minnesota firearms hunters registered 161,057 deer through the third weekend of deer season, according to the Department of Natural Resources. Preliminary results through the third weekend show that the number of...Read More