Rules of Use
The goal of the Lake Community Forum is to provide a neutral, non-threatening place to connect with neighbors and share our collective wisdom. Everyone with an interest in seeing the Lake Community thrive is welcome to contribute.
The goals of Community Forum are:
- To build Community.
- To encourage dialogue and the sharing of knowledge and experience among area residents.
- To provide a billboard for area events.
- To open discussion about the joy of living on the lake.
By taking part in this forum, you accept the full rules of the forum.
- Be civil. (Remember that the purpose of the forum generally is to encourage discussion.)
- No attacks or threats.
- Avoid false rumors.
- Follow forum rules
- Encourage active participation
- Maintain respectful tone of discussion
- Real Names Required: Register and post with your real name and community affiliation.
- Be Civil: No name-calling. Respect is a cornerstone of a productive forum.
- No Personal Attacks: Help keep our forum fun, welcoming and safe for all viewers.
- Private Stays Private: Don't forward private communication without permission.
- Avoid Unsubstantiated Rumors: You alone are responsible for what you post. Rumors or hearsay posted from your account will be attributed to you, not to the person(s) from whom you heard the information.
- Items Not Allowed in Forums: No profanity, chain letters, unsolicited commercial advertising, no inappropriate links and no unsolicited advice.
- Public Content and Use: You are sharing your content with your lake community. Understand that anything shared in the forums is public to all members of the lake community and, as such, may become widely known.
- Warnings and Suspensions: If a user’s behavior in the forums becomes problematic, the user may receive informal or official warnings. With a second warning, the users’ access to the forum may be suspended.
Forum Participation Rules
- Posts are made Using Your Real Name
All forum posts must be identified with your real name, and city and/or neighborhood by accurately filling out your user profile. You are forbidden from directly posting with a pseudonym, anonymously, or using another person's identity. If you use a false identity you will be banned from participation on all forums.
- Be Civil
No name calling, insults, personal one-on-one arguments, or strongly inflamed speech. This applies to all participants.
- No Personal Attacks or Threats
Personal attacks or threats against participants are not allowed.
- Avoid Unsubstantiated Rumors, Respect Privacy.
Rumors of a personal nature are prohibited as are disclosures of personal information about other participants related or unrelated to the topic being discussed (e.g., personal health or finances, relationship status, unlisted telephone numbers, etc.). Your posts must be accurate based on your full knowledge and never intentionally false. You must correct your previous expressions of "known" information via the forum that you later find it to be false or substantially incorrect. You and you alone are liable for the content that you post. The Lake Association is not responsible or liable for the content posted by others.
- Items Not Allowed in Forums
Profanity, pornographic content, chain letters, unsolicited commercial advertising, inappropriate links and unsolicited advice are prohibited under all circumstances.
- Public Content and Use, Creative Commons with Attribution
The Lake Forum encourages public and open use of the content generated through community exchange online. By using the forum, you acknowledge that anything you post will be accessible to all members of the lake community.
- Warnings and Suspensions: You may receive informal or official warnings. With your second warning, you may be suspended from the forum.
Local News FEB 16th
DNR fisheries seeks comments on Sand, Tamarack lake management plans
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Duluth area fisheries is seeking comments through Friday, March 16 on updated lake management plans for Sand and Tamarack lakes in Carlton County. “Management plans describe the past, present and desire...Read More